Sunday, December 04, 2005

Brr!

Dang, it's cold! It's currently 8 degrees, and it's supposed to drop to 4 before the night is over. I've not lived in Wisconsin for almost 20 years, and I guess I've forgotten how cold it gets here. It's only supposed to get up to 14 tomorrow. Okay, someone in a nice warm place, please send some of it up here. For now, I'll just sip my hot chocolate. ::::shiver::::

It was my oldest sister's birthday today, so we (mom, dad, me, hubby, our kids, and sis's son and girlfriend) took her out to lunch. It was a happy time with laughter and love shared among us all. After the last couple of months it sure was nice to just relax with people we love and care about. Somehow the stress leaves, and is replaced by some warmer, fuzzier feelings.

After that, the kids went to my parents' house to help them set up their Christmas tree and decorate their house. It was the first time ever that my kids were able to do that with grandparents. What a special time for them! Mom dug into the box of old decorations and discovered handmade treasures that my brothers and sisters and I crafted. An wooden block painted with Santa's face that I made in 1972, a stuffed elf that sat on a piece of driftwood when I was young, a paper stocking decorated by my sister that also had on the back a list of spelling words written in her hand, some funny looking paper Santas that various children lovingly created with scissors, crayons and paint. All of them are memories cherished by all of us.

It's so good to be home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

This sounds like such a lovely day. Here's wishing you thermal socks for Christmas.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home