Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A few random things...

Okay, just to warn any readers, I'm going to be playing a bit with the templates to see which one I like the best, so don't be surprised if there's a new look here every so often. I also have some problems with my vision sometimes, so I need to choose a template that works well with my eyes.

I'm still unpacking and arranging my house after our move to Wisconsin, so I'm incredibly busy with that, along with the general chaos of the holiday season. That is why I may not make an entry here every day, but there might be some days where I'll have more time than others to write (like today). In other words, it's hard to know when there will be an entry here. So, without AOL alerts, it will be hard to know when I post something.....or am I missing something here. Does blogger have alert capabilities?

Well, I'm off to pick up the kids from school. Ta ta!

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Play away. But don't make any big changes (like links in your sidebar) until you find a template you like. Cause then you'll lose it all with the switch. No alerts, but some of us have signed up with alert systems. I have one called FeedBlitz. But you have to sign up and people have to subscribe to get your entries delivered to email once a day.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

It's so good to see you posting again. I get alerts via Bloglines, and they can track AOL, LiveJournal, Blogger and a lot of other blog providers, plus no pop-up alerts. Looking forward to more from you!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Auntie Lyn said...

I also use Bloglines. Using firefox, Bloglines has a button that is added to the toolbar, that when I get to a blog or journal that I want to keep track of, I click on "Sub with Bloglines". Then they also had a button to add to my windows start bar that keeps me up to date on any new entries in those blogs/journals that I has subscribed to. You can tell it how often to check your subscriptions, and you can read them on the blogline screen or click on the entry and read it at the journal itself. I have only been here since the mass exodus, but it's pretty easy once you get into it all.
Enjoy,
Auntie Lyn
lynda's lullaby 2

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 'hood Laurie! :)
-drops off apple crumb cake-

Jennifer told me to make some :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blogs all have RSS feeds (live bookmarks) that will tell people you've updated.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home